Most activity within Airlock will generate a workflow notification. You can also configure various personal notifications from your personal notifications settings and any specific group’s settings in the Group Settings page.
By default, these notifications are sent to anyone who is a member of the group the issue occurs in. Still, each member may choose their participation state, as well as opt-in or opt-out of notifications for specific issues. See Unsubscribe below for more details.
Airlock provides a few states for each issue, which significantly impacts how notifications work.
- The default state when an issue is added to the system.
An issue is marked as resolved when an individual resolves it by manually changing the state on the issue page UI, submitting a fix, or when the group’s auto-resolve feature is configured. Team members are notified via email. Auto-resolve is located in Group Settings > General Settings.
Resolved means the issue has stopped firing events. If another event occurs, the issue reverts to unresolved.
- When Airlock changes the state of an issue from resolved to unresolved. If a resolved issue begins experiencing more events, it will revert to unresolved. Regressions trigger a workflow alert.
- Keep in mind; regression emails look very similar to other Notification emails.
- A team member is assigned the issue, and they’re notified via email, even if the issue is resolved.
- Assignment auto subscribes you to workflow notifications.
- A team member has not been assigned the issue.
- A team member adds a new comment to an issue’s Comments thread.
Airlock will automatically digest alerts sent by some services to avoid flooding your inbox with individual issue notifications. To control how frequently notifications are delivered, use the sliders.
- Minimum delivery interval
- Maximum delivery interval
You can also configure various personal notifications from your personal notifications settings and any specific group’s settings in the Group Settings page.
These notifications are triggered based on issue activity. You can set these for all groups, or you can click “Fine-tune workflow notifications by group” to configure this with more granularity.
Issue Owners are located in Group Settings > Issue Owners.
If an issue owner is specified, the email notification will go to the issue owner. If no issue owner is specified, all group members are notified.
For more details, see full documentation on Issue Owners.
To opt-out of a specific issue’s notifications, click Unsubscribe at the bottom right of the issue’s page.
- Does assigning a resolved issue trigger a notification email?
- Yes, you do get an email as long as you have workflow notifications enabled for that group.